Before you hop into a car, make sure you walk around it to make sure there are no obstructions or blockages. That is one lesson I learnt today. If I was not driving and hence walked to the boot of the car to get out my P plates, I think our car may have exploded. Which probably would have meant I wouldn't be here blogging.
Getting out the P-plates, I noticed a blue plastic thing under the car. It wasn't one of the ordinary shopping bags but the thicker, bulkier type of plastic. Bending down, what I saw was the plastic covering the entire exhaust pipe. Luckily, the heat must have melted part of the plastic so the pipe itself was not blocked completely! That also meant that the plastic was stuck to the pipe and the bottom of the car. We pulled and managed to get most of the plastic off. If we hadn't notice the plastic or what was covering the exhaust pipe was a cloth or something that wouldn't have melted I think the result may have been very different.
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment