Thursday, November 17, 2005

$%^&*

have done nothing productive apart from eating. noodles, crackers, ice cream, fruit and all.....i am on the verge of adding some profanity on this site but am resisting. today is ummm.....thursday. I should be studying accounting. I really should. But damn it. I can't cope. The amount of work I do in a day is minimal. I'm sure 2 hour solid work would equate to the amount I get done during the whole day.

Is this what you call exam anxiety or exam avoidance? Either way, come monday I will have to do the exam. So why can't I just study. Only one more week. Why can't I do something about it??? I keep telling myself that I SHOULD and HAVE TO study. But sitting at my desk, I read the same words over and over again. The sun is slowly setting and my room is getting darker...slowly..and slowly. Although the day has progressed, my work has not. Self discipline is what i need. Self control. Self motivation.......i know i've done nothing but complained. its not the first time nor will it be the last. but bear with me for another week...

is studying really that hard?????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the hardest part, by far, of studying is getting started. But once you find a "method" (different for different subjects) to study the material, it's slightly better. Is it a subject where you have to memorise heaps of stuff, or is there more "understanding" to it?

Heck, no one said studying was easy! LOL. I banned myself from the net and TV for a few days before my musicianship exam. I slept at insane hours. I ate food that didn't require cooking. Just remind yourself that you're only days from the end of it all!

Al said...

haha....i think its a matter of memorising and understanding it since i haven't done my readings during the semester :/

exactly a week left.....