Why people procrastinate? In fact, lets begin with the definition of procrastination.
Procrastination is the deferment or avoidance of an action or task which requires completion by focusing on some other action or task. For the person procrastinating this may result in stress, a sense of guilt, the loss of productivity, the creation of crisis, and the chagrin of others for not fulfilling one's responsibilities or commitments. While it is normal for individuals to procrastinate to some degree, it becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning. - from Wikipedia.
This has reached its chronic stage for me. Too often am I sitting around doing nothing. Productivity level zero. When placed into perspective, things just get a whole lot worse when everyone else around you seems to be studying and putting so much effort into it. It's not that I don't want to put in any effort. I just have problems concentrating.
I don't believe it's impossible. I know what I need to do. I need self-disclipine, self-control. Why put things off oto the following day when you know that you will eventually have to do it. What do you have to loose in completing something NOW instead of LATER. In fact, I can't think of any cons to that. It's all a matter of prioritising, time management and concentration. Just like aeroplane jelly, 'a little each day is a good recipe'.
Time to put plan to action.
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment