
Mona Lisa was 83 per cent happy, 9 per cent disgusted, 6 per cent fearful and 2 per cent angry.
That's the conclusion of a University of Amsterdam computer, which applied "emotion-recognition software" to Leonardo da Vinci's work, New Scientist reports.
The algorithm, developed in collaboration with University of Illinois researchers, tries to assess the human mood by examining key features such as the curvature of the lips and crinkles around the eyes, then makes a score with respect to six basic emotions.
I find this rather intriguing. At times, even I don't know how I feel - yet a set of algorithms can determine the degree of happiness a person is feeling.
3 comments:
so perhaps human emotions are not really that difficult to tell, and that is why we often have a psychic connection with those we know well - we read the faces properly ~_^
haha...but that's not to say that people cannot fake emotions. take for example actors and actresses - its part of their living :p
True.. but they are the professionals. Normally we don't have such good excuses to hide our feelings ~_^.
Post a Comment