Brighton...a beach-side suburb with a great eatery strip..with a fabulous view of Caltex refinery on the other side of the water...haha. more recently known as one of the 3 riot suburbs following cronulla and maroubra. but seriously, why did such events have to happen. if everything was peaceful, calm and everyone was living in harmony - wouldn't that be a much better place for everyone? if only people could put aside their differences....
my wishful thinking...life is too short to fight, to hate, to revenge. there's already too much suffering, too much pain happening in everyday life...why do we have to aggrevate it further?
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I totally agree with you. I always believed that this peaceful country is isolated from the rest of the world, in terms of racism and intolerance towards the Middle East.
Although I am happy that this 'hate' is not targetted towards Asians.
lets hope it doesn't in the future :)
I heard about Brighton. Those crazy people didn't smash your stuff, did they? Must've been so scary.
glad they didn't...around my place it has been pretty quiet which is good. i went out to bay st today - apparently to where all the commotion took place a couple of days ago, but i didn't see any broken glass or anything like that.
just at night you would hear helicopters and police sirens...
Post a Comment